Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, so important that you take care of it. Cavities aren’t just for little kids—you can get them at any age, especially during adolescence.
Consuming sugary foods, soda, juice or sports energy drinks, you put yourself at risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Be smart. Always brush your teeth twice a day for at least 2 minutes and floss daily.
The bottom line for smiles that are healthy on the inside and out:
- Always brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for two minutes
- Floss between your teeth daily
- Avoid sugary and starchy snacks
- Wear a mouthguard when you’re active
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t pierce your lips or any part of your mouth
- See your dentist regularly